Monday, August 08, 2005

Finishing touches

We’ve had a great weekend. The conservatory is now clear of junk - replaced by two armchairs and a bookcase full of books from the living room - and has quickly become our new den. We spent Sunday morning relaxing there in the warm morning sunshine listening to Steve Wright’s Sunday Love Songs on Radio 2. (Yes, I know, VERY cheesy, but that’s Hayley all over. That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it.) Consequently the living room has more room to move too. Or more accurately it has more room for toys and play!

The nursery is now officially finished after the last pieces of the wardrobe arrived today. I tried out the car seat in the car and we assembled the buggy over the weekend too. Hayley’s bag for the hospital is all packed and I’m starting to feel ready, or at least I am running out of things that I feel I have to do.

Although I'd be happy to have one more chilled weekend (or even two!) before Bump arriving punctually on the 24th, I confess that I felt very excited standing in the finished nursery tonight looking at the waiting clothes and we'll both be happy to say hello any time now.