Friday, October 03, 2008

And now, some music...



Oliver has just discovered "Yo Gabba Gabba" (which appears to be a very American kids' TV show dubbed into "English English"). In particular, last night we watched the above performance on the show by The Shins, playing their own composition "It's okay, try again". In fact we watched the song 5 times. And he is watching the same episode again this evening.

Last night after the song he asked me "can I have a guitar Daddy and we'll put it round my neck like the man"? How could I refuse. Not only had he been a little star all day but there's nothing I wouldn't do to encourage my kids to enjoy playing music.

So this afternoon Hayley took him and bought one. He seems pretty happy with it, striking rock poses around the living room. And now Hayley is talking about a proper guitar for him!

DSC01246
Oliver watches Yo Gabba Gabba from the comfort of Mummy and Daddy's bed.