Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday rituals


Me and Oliver in Room 311

Although Hayley and I can no longer enjoy a lie-in on a Sunday morning before listening to the Archers on the radio then wandering off for Sunday lunch or just choosing to lounge around reading the papers, some parts of our Sunday rituals have managed to survive.

This morning Hayley went to church while I popped to B&Q. (After all, DIY is the alternative religion to most Britons as far as I can see, though not mine!). Afterwards we met up in Room 311 for a coffee and to read the Sunday papers for a few minutes. Hayley had an Americano, I had a filter coffee and Oliver opted for his milk.

We had a great hour in there. Oliver has been in a fantastic mood all day. Funnily I'd been thinking how he seemed a bit quiter this week, but all weekend he has chatted away at every opportunity. And he has laughed so much. He has also taken to grabbing my face and squeezing it which is just the most adorable and funny feeling. I can't say I'd be laughing if anyone else pulled me by the lip whilst sticking their fingers up my nose!