Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

DSC01605

As is traditional in our household, this evening we left a carrot for Rudolph while Father Christmas will be treated to a mince pie and a glass of whisky. Today when Oliver went to see Father Christmas (again!) while celebrating his friend's birthday at Brookside Garden Centre, he asked the bearded one whether he wanted water or whisky tonight. To his great credit in these PC times, Father Christmas requested a wee dram. Good on ya Santa!

After taking this photo I attempted to engage Oliver in a discussion of the coming night, but he was more interested in devouring a carrot the size of the one he was leaving for Rudolph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I am amazed that he so happily finished that raw carrot all by himself. Even as an adult, I cringe my nose at "most" raw vegetables.

Steve said...

Alice, I was also amazed! I expected him to have just a few bites, but he devoured the whole thing. He only left the last half inch because I hurried him upstairs, as he was very late for bed as a result of his festive feasting. And as every child knows, you have to be asleep before Santa arrives. :-)

Post a Comment