Saturday, March 26, 2005

Urban Detour Xtreme buggy


Urban Detour Xtreme buggy
Originally uploaded by Steven Townley.
This is the buggy we have chosen. I saw it while out grocery shopping in Somerfield. It looked fantastic and the young baby inside it looked so cosy that when I got home I got straight onto the web to find it.

In one of the reviews I found one father referred to it as "the Porsche of pushchairs". Fortunately it is not priced like a Porsche at Mothercare. It is very adjustable, has pneumatic tyres, turns on a sixpence and looks good to boot!

We went to Mothercare to see it in the flesh and to try pushing it around in the shop. Hayley was as impressed as I was with it and we decided to buy it.

My Mum then kindly offered to buy it for us. We can pay for it now and its warranty won't start until the baby is born. (In case you are wondering what happened to the buggy from Hayley's Dad, he cancelled it as we weren't able to get down to view it.)

I have to admit I've found myself getting as excited about shopping for this buggy as I would previously have been about mountain bikes or musical instruments. But that's not to say that I don't still have my eye one or two of those too. I just might have to share them in future.