Saturday, February 04, 2006

All aboard the Sleep Deprivation Roller-Coaster

Thursday night: Oliver goes to bed without complaint and sleeps right through the night without more than a wimper in his sleep. Result? Rested parents, happy day!

Friday night: Oliver goes to bed without complaint but wakes after 1.5 hours, 2.5 hours, 5 hours and 6 hours and has to be picked up or at least visitied and re-assured every time. Result? Paracetamol required for my banging head and generally fuzzy feeling to the day.

My point (apart from feeling sorry for myself as usual)? It's amazing how much his sleep pattern still varies.

Hayley is at the hairdressers for a few hours this morning. I've played with Oliver since she left but by now nothing I do seems to please him. So I have now taken refuge in the parents friend: CBeebies! He is quite happy watching it. By the time he is bored he'll want his bottle. So I'd better get off and make use of the time to clean up and prepare for tomorrow.

If I get the kitchen clean I may give myself a paw point. (It's a CBeebies thing!)