Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Chatter chatter chatter!

Oliver has started to really chatter away the last few days. He babbles away making "da da da da" noises often during the day and even the night now. These are not him saying "Dada", just learning the noises he can make. He is literally finding his voice. For a couple of days he made repetitive "hmm, hmm, hmm..." sounds. He has also been making some of the most odd screeching sounds. He has one that sounds like a poor actor hamming up a death scene.

But my favourite is his loud "da da da da da...." babbling. He did it while I was playing my guitar to him last night and it sounded so musical I turned it into a tune and sang it back to him in his own style. He was somewhat transfixed by this and looked at me surprised as if to say "that's MY song Daddy"!

Best of all, when we told him how lovely he was chatting away, we discovered that saying "chatter chatter chatter" to him makes him laugh out loud.