Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

DSC00242
I'll have those glasses Daddy, thank you.

Father's Day was spent doing some very Dad-like things. After a much needed and much appreciated lie-in, I opened my card and presents: a "Fab Dad" trophy, a mug that plays a "tune" akin to setting off an alarm at a department store every time you pick it up and (last but not least) two very large bars of chocolate. The latter seemed to be of the most interest to Oliver.

Later in the day I could be found with my family at a local Garden Centre where we purchased some conifers for a new hedge and some stones for the spot where Hayley plans to locate the barbecue. The garden centre also contained a little gem of a cafe hidden away within it, where I indulged in rhubarb crumble and custard while Oliver enjoyed some chocolate cake.

DSC00241
The kids having fun, honest.

The highlight of the day for me though was when I carried Oliver around the outdoor areas on my shoulders. When I tried this in the past he wasn't sure about it, but this time he took to it like a duck to water. It was a great feeling to be carrying my happy, laughing son around on my shoulders on Father's Day in the sunshine (even when he pinched my sunglasses off my nose). All pretty idyllic stuff!

When we got home we took delivery of our "new" 3 piece suite. We have bought it second hand from friends of friends and are very pleased with it. Pictures of it in its new locale are bound to follow, but here's Oliver test driving one of the chairs when he went to see it.

DSC00081

1 comments:

Reyna (Emphasys) said...

what a lovely children you have, what a blessing!

Post a Comment