Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What happened next: the answer

DSC00572

The answer to the question in my previous post was Option c) He attempted the next step, then continued manfully to the top, completely ignoring his anxious Dad.

I wasn't entirely surprised though. He had amazed me with his daring only moments before. There are three ways to access the slide in the photo above. The easiest is a ramp with wooden slats across for footholds. He scaled this easily and repeatedly as he played with his friend Cara.

Then as I chatted to Cara's Mum, I suddenly noticed out of the corner of my eye, Oliver appearing at the top of the second way to access the slide, a cargo net made of chains and inclined at around 30 degrees from the vertical. I was amazed that he attempted it, let alone conquered it. By the time I dashed over to him he was up!

Finally he took the third route, pictured above. Having taken the photo I shot over to him again to make sure hs didn't fall and implored him to be careful. He proceeded wordlessly to the top as if I weren't there. I was amazed and proud in equal measure.