Saturday, May 21, 2005

Roll up for a roll end

We have bought the carpet for the nursery. We got a rather nice "roll end" at half price from Carpet Right in Stockport. It's quite plush and dark green in colour. We took some of the lemon paint in and it seems to go OK with it. I can't help thinking that nature is full of plants with green stems and yellow flowers and that the room might be evocative of green grass and yellow sunshine. Well, hopefully a baby might see the logic of it.

We were torn between getting the carpet we eventually bought - which is rather soft and needs underlay - or another cheaper carpet since we are not planning on staying in the house long-term after the baby is born. In the end I couldn't resist the idea of a nice soft carpet for the baby's room. Call me an old softy, but I couldn't bring myself to buy something I wouldn't want to crawl about on myself!