Monday, January 16, 2006

Support Network

It's so great to see that Hayley has made so many supportive friends through having Oliver. The other morning, after a rough night with Oliver, she rang fellow new-Mum Dawn who spent some time exploring how we might improve things. Later in the day she left a message to say she hoped everything was going OK and generally just being supportive and wanting to cheer Hayley up.

Similarly, another friend Sarah popped in to see how she was doing. And when Hayley didn't turn up to Baby Club, Vicky sent a text to see how she was doing and Clare sent one saying she hoped Oliver had slept a bit better for us.

I know she feels good about having all these contacts and that having Oliver has expanded her social network in a way that has enhanced the enjoyment she has gained from becoming a Mum. For my part I am just so grateful that she has found such supportive friends. It means a lot to me, especially when I am trapped at work in the archtypal bread-winner role, unable to come home and offer support myself.