Friday, August 19, 2005

Time-saving techniques for new fathers

Selfish though it may sound, one of the nice things about Hayley needing to be less active and rest up is that I get to play the chef a bit more. Tonight I cooked Fajitas, tomorrow I'm planning a chic pea curry. (I'm sure Hayley would quite like it to be a hot one to encourage Bump to get moving, but we have agreed to try to let nature just take its course at least until the due date.)

This casual culinary creativity is a small pleasure but one I really enjoy. But once the baby arrives and Hayley is breast-feeding him/her, my time is more likely to be dominated by more mundane tasks with nappies and clothes centre-stage. So it was opportune that tonight my friend Scott sent me a link to this site: www.fold-your-shirt.com. It's well worth a visit for new fathers or anyone else who has to spend time folding up t-shirts. It shows you how to fold a t-shirt in 2 seconds. And it works!