Monday, November 16, 2009

Heaton Moor Watch ("I shouldn't be telling you this" edition)

There are a couple of things to mention about developments our locale at the moment.

Firstly, we apparently have one of the best restaurants in the country! Yes, Damson, which opened where Room 311 used to be has been placed second in a review of Best Restaurants by Tracey MacCleod the Independent on Sunday. So there's now probably no chance of Hayley and I managing to get in there in the foreseeable future!

In other news, our local Somerfield has undergone a complete re-fit, closing for nearly two weeks before re-emerging as a Co-Op. I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. There seems to be less in there and some of my favourites have gone, for example Quorn sausages being replaced by Linda McCartney. Whatever next!

The Pirus card shop has shut as its lease expired. Currently empty, which is a shame.

MD Hair seems to be going well and with the kids comfortable there it has become the salon of choice for the whole family. Hayley even dragged Zoe out drinking with the local girls one Friday night!

Image0125

Image0124

And finally it seems (according to a local councillors' newsletter that dropped through the letter box this week) that there are moves afoot to support the Savoy cinema in showing a wider range of films. Whatever helps prevent it becoming a Wetherspoons is good by me!

3 comments:

Delishus said...

To be honest - the Linda McCartney sausages have got a lot better lately and the Quorn ones have been going downhill.

This it the sort of thrusting, intellectual debate the interweb was designed for, innit?

Steve said...

So Quorn's going downhill you reckon. I can't say my trend analysis has been that good recently. Probably something to do with having no taste buds left at my age.

Anonymous said...

I thought Pirus shut because the owner went elsewhere to get married? Anyway, we now have Belly Buttons. As it were. I see the Savoy is closing in January. Shame. I have always supported it but those of us who do can't go to every film regardless, several times a week. I've been in there with 5 others on occasion. I'd be happy to sponsor a seat for a £100 or something if that would help.

Post a Comment