Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Quiet time

Not much has happened in terms of the pregnancy over the last couple of weeks. And that's great news as tomorrow Hayley is 12 weeks. (It still confuses me that tomorrow is the start of week 12 but she's actually 12 weeks into pregnancy: someone will explain that to me or put me straight eventually!) Although the risk of miscarriage decreases over the first trimester, we've always had 12 weeks as a milestone: a time when we could relax a little in that regard.

Hayley had a session with a personal trainer at the gym today. She now has to stick to an upper heart rate limit of 130 bpm. She's been swimming regularly and occasionally going to the gym too. I'm glad she's keeping active as she was really pretty fit before she became pregnant, able to come out riding with me on pretty strenuous rides.

But overall the last couple of weeks have been spent relaxing. We went to the cinema and watched "Meet The Fockers" (disappointingly few laughs) and in contrast watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" which I thought was just fantastic. A real breath of fresh air. And finally "21 Grams" whose deliberately "difficult" format did nothing to raise its emotional level above depressing for me. Here endeth the film reviews.