Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First morning at Nursery

Oliver started nursery today. Hayley stayed there the whole time but left him to his own devices. He was seemed to enjoy it.

Hayley said she felt it was a wrench to have to watch him playing alone and not go and play with him, instead letting him do whatever he would have done if she wasn't there. He did come over to her from time to time and she re-assured him that she was still there watching him play.

Initially he played alone but later befriended a little Asian boy for most of the morning. He had lots of fun on a Winnie the Pooh tricycle. Towards the end all the big toys were put away, including this trike. He duly went and got it out again and played on.

He has had a tough time coping with all the change, but has remained positive about Lucy the whole time. So I really hope he settles here and enjoys it.

Next week it will be my turn to take him and try to stand back from it all. It's going to be hard because the little man will hardly let me from his sight these days and wants me as his playmate whenever I'll oblige. But I'm sure he'll be fine as long as I'm around. And in time he'll settle in, I'm sure of it.